Effective as of: October 1, 2016
- Personal Information
We collect personally identifiable information that can identify you as an individual (“Personal Information”), such as…
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit or debit card number
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
With your written authorization, we may collect your Social Security number to verify your identity with one of the three national credit bureaus and obtain your credit report and/or credit score. In some cases, we may collect information, such as your age, date of birth, weight, health conditions, whether you’re a non-smoker, insurance type, mortgage information, marital status, gender, occupation, education level, vehicle identification number, car make, and number of persons living in your household, combined with your Personal Information. We will treat all such information as Personal Information as long as it is combined with Personal Information.
We may use Personal Information…
- Upon your request, to connect you with vendors who will provide you with information about products and services.
- When you’ve submitted your Personal Information to us, which submission you understand and agree to constitute making an “inquiry” to us and our affiliated entities, to contact you or allow our vendors to contact you via telephone for a limited period, even if the telephone number you submitted appears on any state and/or federal Do Not Call list, because your inquiry serves as an exception to state and/or federal Do Not Call laws.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters.
- To send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- To send you surveys and marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you; participation in surveys is voluntary, and you have a choice of disclosing information such as name and demographic information.
- To personalize your experience on the Site and by presenting advertising, products, and offers tailored to you.
- For business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our Site, improving our services, identifying usage trends, and determining and improving the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- If you purchase a product or service from us, to complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to have your payments processed, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed…
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as contact information verification, payment processing, order fulfillment, customer service, website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, email delivery services, auditing services, and other similar services to enable them to provide services. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- To a third party national credit bureau, to verify your identity and obtain your credit report and/or credit score.
- If you choose to send messages through the Site, and to identify you as the sender to the recipient as indicated by you. We will ask you for such recipient’s name and email address, and we store both email addresses for the purpose of sending such message.
- By you, on chat, profile pages, or other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public. To request removal of your personal information from message boards, blogs, or community forums, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By you, if you have provided a testimonial about a site and given us permission to post that testimonial on our Site.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
2. Non-personal Information
“Non-Personal Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as…
- Browser information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
3. IP ADDRESSES
Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, geographic mapping, and administering the Site. We may also use and disclose IP Addresses for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. Please note that we treat IP Addresses, server log files, and related information as Non-Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
4. THIRD PARTY SITES
We may also utilize framing techniques that may make it appear that you are still on the Site when you are actually on a third party web site. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to this Site.
5. Third Party VENDORS
We may also allow data providers to collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system) when you visit our Site, or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, that we may share with data providers solely in hashed, non-human readable form.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR THE ACTS AND/OR OMISSIONS OF THIRD PARTY VENDORS.
We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and personal health information) on our forms, we encrypt that information once it is entered.
7. CHOICES AND ACCESS
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from…
- Receiving electronic communications from us and our affiliates: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us and our affiliates on a going-forward basis, you may opt out of receiving these marketing-related emails by clicking [insert unsubscribe web link here] and following the instructions to unsubscribe.
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties: If you would prefer that we do not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes, you may opt out of this sharing by contacting us as described further below. If you opt out of such sharing, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of third parties with which we have already shared your Personal Information (i.e., to which we have already provided your Personal Information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related e-mails from these third parties, please contact them directly or utilize any opt-out mechanisms in their privacy policies or marketing-related e-mails.
We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, delete, or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us on a going-forward basis, you may do so by contacting us at email@example.com and providing the name of the service for which information was provided, your full name, mailing address, phone number, and email address so that we may identify you in the opt-out process. For your protection, we will only implement such requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular e-mail address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
8. RETENTION PERIOD
9. USE OF SITE BY MINORS
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site.
10. OPERATION OF OUR SERVICES
Our Services are operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada, or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using our Services or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
12. CONTACTING US
Orion Risk Management, LLC
Attn: Legal & Compliance Department
200 S. Harbor City Blvd., Suite 201
Melbourne, FL 32901-1389
13. Orion180 BUSINESSES
Orion Risk Management, LLC
Orion Insurance Holdings, LLC