Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Postal address
- Telephone number(s)
- Email address
- Bank account information
- Credit or debit card number
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Upon your request, to connect you with vendors who will provide you with information about products and services.
- When you’ve submitted your Personal Information to us, which submission you understand and agree to constitute making an “inquiry” to us and our affiliated entities, to contact you or allow our vendors to contact you via telephone for a limited period even if the telephone number you submitted appears on any state and/or federal Do Not Call list, because your inquiry serves as an exception to state and/or federal Do Not Call laws.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters.
- To send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- To send you surveys and marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you; participation in surveys is voluntary and you have a choice of disclosing information such as name and demographic information.
- To personalize your experience on the Site and by presenting advertising, products and offers tailored to you.
- For business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our Site, improving our services, identifying usage trends, and determining and improving the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as contact information verification, payment processing, order fulfillment, customer service, website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, email delivery services, auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide services. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- To a third-party national credit bureau to verify your identity and obtain your credit report and/or credit score.
- If you choose to send messages through the Site, and to identify you as the sender to the recipient as indicated by you. We will ask you for such recipient’s name and email address and we store both email addresses for the purpose of sending such message.
- By you, on chat, profile pages or other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public. To request removal of your personal information from message boards, blogs or community forum, contact us at email@example.com.
- By you, if you have provided a testimonial about a site and given us permission to post that testimonial on our Site.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, zip code, area code, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an Orion180 product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Orion180 may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Orion180 website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Orion180 may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Orion180 to provide products and services, or that help Orion180 market to customers. For example, when you purchase and activate your iPhone, you authorize Orion180 and your carrier to exchange the information you provide during the activation process to carry out service. If you are approved for service, your account will be governed by Orion180 and your carrier’s respective privacy policies. Personal information will only be shared by Orion180 to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Orion180 shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Orion180 operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Orion180 to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Orion180 takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Orion180 online services protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by Orion180, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. When you use some Orion180 products, services, or applications or post on an Orion180 forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
The existence of Automated Decision-Making, Including Profiling
Third Party Sites and Services
Orion180 websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties − for example, a third party iPhone app. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Orion180 employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
When a privacy question or question about personal information received in response to an access/download request is received we have a dedicated team which triages the contacts and seeks to address the specific concern or query which you are seeking to raise. Where your issue may be more substantive in nature, more information may be sought from you. All such substantive contacts receive a response. If you are unsatisfied with the reply received, you may refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction. If you ask us, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.
Orion180 Insurance Services, LLC 200 S. Harbor City Blvd, Suite 201, Melbourne, Florida 32901