Will my insurance cover temporary living arrangements if my home is damaged?
If it is included in your policy, yes. Check your policy for additional living expense coverage and know your coverage limits. That policy feature helps cover additional living expenses, if your home is uninhabitable due to a covered loss.

Do I need to file a police report for theft?
Yes. Your policy requires you to file a police report in the event of a theft.

Do I need to show proof of ownership for stolen property?
To prove that you owned property you are claiming as stolen, you may provide purchase receipts, owner’s manuals or product packaging, appraisals, or photographs of the items in your home.

How long will my claim take?
Each claim is different, and several factors affect how long it takes to resolve a claim. An Orion180 representative will give an approximate timeline for resolving your claim. You can help your claim process go more smoothly by providing us with all the necessary information.

If a flood damaged my home, would this damage be covered by my Orion180 policy?
Unfortunately, Orion180 policies do not cover flood damage. We suggest speaking with your agent to determine if the National Flood Insurance Program offers Flood policies in your area.

My agency uses IVANS Downloads all the time; Does Orion180 offer Downloads?

Yes, Orion180 is available on IVANs for Downloads. Your agency’s AMS administrator needs to provide your Territory Manager with your agency’s AMS and Y-Number.

Should I email my requests to Underwriting or Customer Support?

It depends; below find a quick guide so you can get to the right department quickly.

Insured information updates, cancellations, or payments email support@orion180.com.

Coverage questions or updates, email  UW@orion180.com.

Questions regarding a home inspection should be sent to inspections@orion180.com.

Where can I find my policy documents?

All policy documents are located in MY180 under the documents section.

How do I cancel my policy?

Please contact our customer support team at (866) 590-3550 or contact your local agent.

Do you offer flood insurance? 

We do not offer flood insurance, but you may contact your local agent for private flood or National Flood Insurance Program options.

What if I do not receive the link for the self-inspection?

Send an email request to inspections@orion180.com or contact our inspections team at 866.590.3550 and a new link will be sent. Please include your policy number, primary insured full name, and working contact phone number.

How do I get my refund?

To expedite your refund, you will receive an email from our refunds team, Tipalti. This email will contain a link to our refund website. Once on the registration page, simply create a password, select a security question and answer, then click “Register”. Confirm your information and select how you would like to receive the refund; an ACH deposit of funds to your bank or a paper check to be mailed.

  • Tipalti Tips:
    Use a computer and be sure the web browser’s pop-up blockers are turned off.

Registration boxes are located on the right side of the browser.

I did not receive the refund link; how do I get it?

Ensure the email was not delivered to your spam folder. If the Tapalti has not arrived, please contact our customer support team for further assistance.

When will I get my refund?

You will receive your refund within approximately 30 days after the policy change date.

Can I get my payment date switched to another date due to them not getting paid until the end of the month?

We are unable to change the payment due date because it correlates with the effective date.

Do you offer Automatic payments?

Yes! You can set up automatic payments through the My180 Portal or contacting customer support at 866.590.3550!

Why can I not log into the insurance portal to make a payment?

Please contact our customer support team at 866.590.3550 for further assistance.

An insured recently bought a home with a large plot of land and wants to add some horses, pigs, and a couple of cows. Can Orion180 cover this risk?

Any farming exposure makes the risk ineligible for us.

My clients transferred their home to a trust, will the policy renew?

At this time LLCs, corporations, trusts, and estates are excluded from our underwriting guidelines.

Can Orion180 cover properties on 10+ acres?

At this time, properties on 10+ acres are excluded from our underwriting guidelines.

My insured has an older home with the water heater in the attic. Can Orion180 cover that risk?

Any property with a water heater in the attic does not qualify under our underwriting guidelines.

What does non-renewal mean?

Certain conditions could make your home ineligible for continued coverage beyond your current policy expiration date. If conditions are repaired and reviewed, the nonrenewal status could be removed.

Can a water heater be in an attic above a garage?

Yes. Water heaters cannot be above a living space.

What are your dog breed restrictions?

There are no breed restrictions, however there would be no liability afforded for the dog. Dogs with a bite history or history of aggression are ineligible. (With the exception of GA)

Do you take rental properties?

We do not accept any type of rental exposure whatsoever.

Do you take town homes or duplexes?

If they meet the single building definition, and a firewall exists between units that extends to the roof line; yes. Townhomes built prior to 2000 will need proof that a firewall exists between and extends to the roof line.

Will you accept a risk with a trampoline/diving board/slide?

We will consider the risk, however there would be no liability afforded in the event of a claim involving trampoline/diving board/slide.

Will you accept a home with an unfenced pool?

We will consider the risk; however, pool liability will be excluded.


Covered Peril – Your homeowners policy covers many different types of perils depending on which coverage your loss falls under.  Peril, in insurance, means a potential event or factor that can cause a loss.  A leaky roof causes damage to your living room furniture but what caused the leak?  If the cause was lack of maintenance, it will not be a covered peril under your policy.  However, if the leak was caused by a tree blown into your roof by a windstorm, causing the hole, the “peril” would be the windstorm which would be a covered peril under most all homeowners policies.

ACV vs. RCV – Actual Cash Value (ACV) values the item then applies depreciation for time owned or used.  Replacement Coverage Value (RCV) pays the full replacement cost (with no depreciation) of the covered item subject of course to limits in the policy.

All Other Peril Deductible – Your portion of the cost to repair or replace items lost by all covered events (perils) except those that are wind related.  The larger you make your deductible, the lesser your premium will be because you are “sharing” a larger portion of the risk.

Hurricane/Wind/Hail or Tornado Deductible – Your portion of the cost to repair or replace items lost by wind related activities.   The larger you make your deductible, the lesser your premium will be because you are “sharing” a larger portion of the risk.

Loss Assessment Coverage – Coverage for damages assessed to you by your Homeowners Association (HOA). This could be caused by the HOA not having enough coverage in their policy, to cover all damages done to the common grounds by a big storm. 

Special Computer Coverage – This optional coverage provides broader protection for your computer equipment than what is typically covered under your policy for direct physical loss. Under this endorsement, computer equipment typically includes hardware, software, operating systems or networks and other electronic parts solely designed for use with or connected to the equipment.

Jewelry, Watches & Furs: Increased Limits – While these items are covered under your Personal Contents (Coverage C), there are specified limits for these items.  For example, there may be a $1,000 limit for furs.  This option gives you the ability to expand that limit to a higher amount. 

Silverware, Goldware, Pewterware: Increased Limits – There are specified limits for these items in your Personal Contents (Coverage C).  This option gives you the ability to expand that limit to a higher amount.

Limited Fungi, Mold and Bacteria Coverage – This optional coverage pays for damage, cleanup, and repair of a loss caused by “fungi”, wet or dry rot, or bacteria if the loss was caused by a covered peril.

Water Back Up & Sump Discharge or Overflow – This optional coverage may help pay for water damage resulting from a backed-up drain or sump pump.  It’s important to remember that if you are found to be negligent and that is the reason for the overflow, your policy will not respond.

Ordinance or Law Coverage – If a covered loss to your home requires us to rebuild all or a portion of your home and new laws or ordinances have been passed that now require more cost to do so, your policy includes an additional amount of coverage at 10% of your Coverage A amount.  This will give you another 10% to cover those additional costs.  You may also “buy up” that amount to a higher percentage if you choose.  So, if your home is insured for $200,000, your policy gives you an additional $20,000 to help cover the additional cost to rebuild or repair. 

Identity Theft Protection – This optional coverage is designed to cover some of the costs related to identity theft, such as reimbursements for money spent on reclaiming your financial identity, repairing your credit report, lost wages as well as reasonable attorney’s fees.

Coverage A: Additional 25% Dwelling Coverage – If there is a covered loss to your home structure and it exceeds your Coverage A limit, with this optional coverage you could get up to an additional 25% of coverage A to pay for that loss.

Personal Injury Coverage – This optional endorsement provides coverage for damages and defense costs for personal injury to others such as, wrongful eviction, oral or written publication of material that violates a person’s right of privacy, false arrest, imprisonment and other items. This coverage will not extend if you cause the act with intent or had knowledge that the act would violate the rights of another, etc.

Coverage C: Personal Property Replacement Cost – This optional coverage allows loss of contents and personal belongings falling under Coverage C to be paid at Replacement Cost Value (RCV) rather than Actual Cash Value (ACV) which allows for depreciation.

Equipment Breakdown – This optional coverage provides for mechanical or electrical breakdown, rupture, bursting, bulging, etc. to boilers, pressure piping, mechanical, electrical, or fiber optic equipment. This endorsement also provides Spoilage Coverage up to $3,000 caused by a covered loss.

Golden Age – Think of this as a Senior discount of sorts.  If a named insured on your policy is 60 years of age or older, you will receive this discount.  Most homeowners insurers only give this discount on auto.

E-Policy – Your ability to access your homeowners policy online with 24/7 access is valuable in and of itself, but some insurers will give a discount to all policyholders for appreciating this.

Building Code Discount – This discount rewards you for strengthening the structure of your home as well as installing approved mechanical systems, plumbing and heating/cooling systems that meet the International Residential Building Code.

Window & Door Opening Protection – If you have hurricane shutters or approved coverings for all windows and doors on your home, you can receive a discount.  You will need to prove that you have them and in the event of a storm you can put them up.

Secured Community Discount – When your home is located in a neighborhood protected by a 24-hour manned security or passkey gates protecting all entrances to the community, you qualify for this discount.

Burglar Alarm – Most insurance companies will reward you with a discount if you have a local burglar alarm, but if you have your alarm reporting to a Central Station the discount is larger.

Fire Alarm – We reward you with a small discount if you have a local fire alarm but if you have your alarm reporting to a Central Station the discount is larger.

Military/First Responder – We are proud to offer this discount to those named insureds who are currently serving or are veterans of any branch of the U.S military.  We also provide this discount to any first responder such as firefighters, paramedics, police and other emergency service providers.

Companion Policy – Most frequently insurers will give this discount If you purchase both your home and auto with the same insurance company.  Now we are seeing insurers give this discount even if you have your auto insured with the same agency as your homeowners policy.

Have additional questions?

Give us a Call

We understand additional questions do come up. If so, please feel free to contact us and a representative will gladly help answer or direct you to the right person to answer your question. 

Scroll to Top

Partner With Us

Schedule a Demo